02 February 2009

25 Random Things about Me

I was asked to write this for my Facebook profile, and thought I would include it here as well:

1. One of my favorite things I've done is take ballroom dance lessons with my husband. Unfortunately we have both forgotten so much we would have to start lessons from the beginning. But that would be fun!

2. I absolutely love to eat mashed potatoes. It's one of my favorite things that my mom made. I love breads too. I think I could live on starches and be happy. Maybe not that healthy, but definitely happy!

3. I am in my last semester of nursing school. It's a lot of work but I feel a sense of accomplishment.

4. I don't really feel that I have discovered any of my real talents. There are lots of things that I enjoy but I just don't think I am particularly great or talented at them. At least not in the creative sense, like art or music, cooking, sewing. But I do well in school and actually thrive somewhat on studying and doing my best. I love to learn about things I am interested in. So can school be my talent???

5. As much as I like to learn, I can't stand to watch educational stuff on TV. My husband does, but I just can't get into it.

6. But I love crime dramas and medical shows (real or fictional) and love talk radio. Oh and country music videos. This is when I have the time, which is not now!

7. I love going to concerts (country music ones, that is!). I have seen Kenny Chesney twice, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Alabama ( I think 4 times), Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks.

8. I have a quote in my profile: "Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous". I really believe that. There's no such thing as coincidence.

9. I love to burn candles. I have Spiced Pumpkin from Yankee Candle burning right now. I stock up on them and always have to stop in Yankee Candle whenever I am at the mall.

10. I am a certified elementary school teacher. I taught for about 8 years before and between pregnancies. So why am I in nursing school? Heck I don't know - see #4.

11. I have become such a night owl recently. I have been getting by with 4-5 hours of sleep on some nights. Preparing for my career in nursing. I think the night shift will certainly fit me best.

12. I really, really long to be a neonatal/postpartum nurse. I felt a clear sense that is what I am supposed to do when I was assigned to that unit in my clinical experiences.

13. I truly love babies. They make me smile. They make me cry. They are so innocent and beautiful - straight from our Father in Heaven.

14. I am quiet by nature. I often enjoy just watching people, total strangers,usually. I contemplate them and create stories in my mind about them. I wonder if I'm ever on target? I just love wondering what's going on with others.

15. Because I am quiet, I feel I'm probably considered to be snooty or aloof. I'm certainly not, but I often wonder if I give that impression.

16. Because I am quiet, I tend to surround myself with loud, crazy, busy people. That would be my family. They probably don't think I am quiet, though. My closer friends tend to be more animated and talkative.

17. A friend once told me that I was a good listener and it meant a lot to her. Even though I didn't offer much in the way of advice, I just listened and let her express herself. That made me feel good and I've tried to remember that being quiet has its strong points.

18. I like being at home. I am seldom home for long stretches of time (except when sleeping), I am usually on the go, running my kids here and there. But I am a homebody.

19. However I do love to go for drives - long drives with no particular destination in mind. I'll go the long way at times just to see if there's something different or special. Beauty can be appreciated in so many places.

20. Which reminds me of my favorite vacation ever. Mike and I and 5 children went camping out west for 2 weeks during the summer of 2001. We spent about 3 days somewhere in Colorado (near Pike's Peak and Royal Gorge), 3 days at Moab, 3 days outside of Salt Lake in the Wasatch Mountains, and about 4 days at Yellowstone. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I want to go back soon.

21. Two place I've never been that I would love to see - Hawaii and Australia!

22. It's snowing tonight! I love the snow! Not that I am really into playing in it - I just love to watch it fall. Especially big, fluffy snowflakes. Each one different - not one exactly like the other. Kind of like Heavenly Father's children. Each one pure and clean as we come to Earth. Did I mention I love babies???

23. I love all of my children very much! It is amazing how different each one is! - like my own personal snowflakes.

24. My husband and parents, and Stephanie are a huge support for me. They are so good to me! I know I am so lucky to have all of them.

25. I just got braces (again!) almost a week ago. And they still hurt so bad, it's driving me crazy! Works pretty well with the Weight Watchers plan, though, so I won't complain any more.

1 comment:

Hetal Patel-White said...

Hello,
How are you? Thank you so much for the wonderful comment. I felt so much love from it. I am so grateful to have met such wonderful people like you. I have felt your prayers. You are such a great example to me. I hope i can be such a great mother like you. And such a loving person. We miss you. Thank you again.
Hetal