17 June 2011

Day 33 ~ Simply, I Am Blessed

Without a doubt, I am blessed.  


My week has been less than spectacular.  I've had a cold that has dragged on, missed a day of work, got very little accomplished around the house.  And then today I was just starting to get back in the swing of things when the kids became very noisy, my head began throbbing and a virtually new computer purchased for Greg was no longer functioning.  Suffice to say that little human hands had been all over that computer.  I was crying, yelling, scolding and then found myself at the desk here attempting to address a graduation card.  I glanced up and saw the Facebook page open and read a few posts here and there.  I became even more irritated as I read about the successes and joys that friends were experiencing.   I admit, I should have taken pleasure in well, other people's pleasures, but not today.   Instead I began contemplating deleting my Facebook account so I wouldn't have to read about other people's good days and be left feeling bad about my less than good ones.  


So I expressed what I was feeling and this is what I wrote: I find Facebook to be such a downer at times. I really enjoy reading about others' experiences, but it can be a huge waste of time and I often come away feeling others have it more together and are just better at everything. So all in all it's probably not a good relationship. I think maybe it's time for an intervention.


And almost immediately family and friends came to my rescue.  I was reminded of all the blessings I have and not to take things posted so seriously.  Which, I of course, already knew.  But sometimes we must be reminded of even the simplest of things.    


So I'm thankful for the MANY comments!  It's nice to know that someone out there really is listening, or in this case, reading!  And that you cared enough to respond and not allow me to participate in my pity party for much longer.  True friends will be there when you're even a little bit down, confront you with reality when needed, call you on the phone, make you laugh and even offer chocolate!  So thanks again ~ I'll hang on to you guys, on Facebook and in the real world! 


So, as I was saying . . . I am blessed!  With so many tender mercies, too plentiful to number!  Here are just a few, in pictures . . .




Last month Lindsay and I spent a weekend visiting friends in Kansas City and went to the Princess Diana exhibit at Union Station.  This was the only picture we were allowed to take.  It was a replica of the cake from her wedding to Prince Charles. 


The next day we had lunch at the Plaza in downtown KC.  Very lovely.  We chose Cheesecake Factory for lunch.


Lindsay was becoming impatient waiting for our meal.


But she thoroughly enjoyed it when it finally arrived!



Here are a couple more candid shots taken with my phone:  Thomas after Tae Kwon Do

and Todd showing off his Sunday best


and last, but not least, a couple from Mark in New York




1 comment:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

SO GLAD you didn't delete your fb. You may be just up the street, but sometimes it's the only way I get to keep up with you. I learn something new from you EVERY time we get to sit down and visit, and I LOVE IT!!!