30 June 2011

Day 20 ~Awesomely Fun and Fabulous Evening

Last night, I had the absolute pleasure of attending a concert with Michael ~ to see none other than Keith Urban!To say it was a fabulous event would be an understatement.  Keith (cause you know I'm on a first name basis with him now) is an awesome entertainer, multi-talented and yet so down to earth.  I had attended one of his concerts about 5 years ago and vowed I would return.  And yes, I can't wait to go back again!   He was that good!  Are you getting that I thought he was wonderful?

 About halfway through the concert, he made his way to a platform that was situated in the middle section of the arena, very close to where we were seated.  Keith then announced in his wonderfully cute Aussie accent "who has the best seats now?"  Yep it was me, along with a bunch of other guys and gals.  Mike continued to encourage me to GET CLOSER.  Funny, that is actually the name of the tour.  So I did my best.  I ended up about 8 feet away from him, with only about 4 people separating me from the platform.  Yes, I was mesmerized, as I was singing along - I was thinking "am I really this close?"   I ended up wedged between some guy and a girl whose beer glass was dangerously close to my personal space. But I really could have cared less.  Yes, he was a truly a treat to behold - blue eyes, tight jeans, beads of sweat, beautiful voice!  

It was fun to feel like a young girl again.  But perhaps the biggest surprise for me was the grin on Mike's face. First of all I think he was surprised at what a great performer Keith Urban is.  He puts on a fantastic show for male and female, young and old.  But I think Mike kind of got a kick out of watching my girlish enthusiasm.  And wouldn't you know, I got pretty darn close, but Mike actually touched him!  Yes, he kind of got shoved and brushed his shoulder.  (sigh!)  So for a couple of hours my mind was on Keith, but Mike knows where my heart really belongs!









And here's a short clip of what we got to experience.  Mike's taking the video, towards the end the girl in the black bow - that's me!

1 comment:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

You were so close that he could totally have even sweat on you!!! *Swoon!!* That's awesome!!!