11 July 2011

Day 9 ~ Garrett!

Well today, I will attempt to get back on track as far as writing here.  I was doing so well for a while!

Friday was Garrett's 6th birthday!  It's hard to believe.  Seems like yesterday the nurses were placing him in my arms.  I remember thinking, as those big somewhat goopy eyes stared at me, that he reminded me of Todd.  And what do you know - Garrett and Todd look the most alike out of all of my kids.  He's pretty stubborn and quick to anger like Todd too.  But he has such a sweet side too - he love to sit close to me, still loves to sleep next to me (when I let him) and loves to give hugs - like Mark.  He's very tender hearted and shows his feelings, like Thomas.  Bossy and independent like Lindsay - HA!  In constant motion and noisy, like Greg.  I don't believe Greg's quite so noisy now, but when he was little he was so energetic just like Garrett.  Garrett does well sitting still in school and usually in Primary.He'll watch a movie or TV show fairly quietly.  But every once in a while  he gets some sort of urge to move and make noise.  He will typically grab an action figure, sometimes a toy weapon of some sort, but more often than not he will get hold of some obsolete object ( a handy clip to hold big things together - like electrical cord bundles; tongs used to turn meat on the grill and who knows what else?) and then he goes.  He runs and runs, back and forth and makes interesting noises.  Often I'll stop him and ask him what he's doing and he'll just give me a sheepish grin and say "playing."  The other day he was looking for something (probably the clip I mentioned), and he said "you know for when I'm doing that noise thing."  So I have no idea what's going on in that cute little head  - but he's busy!  (Just so you know, Greg used hangers when he would run around and make strange noises - and I think he turned out pretty okay!)



Despite his sharing traits with his older siblings and picking up on some of their habits, both good and bad - Garrett is .. . .   uniquely Garrett!  We are so blessed to have him in our family.  I prayed to know if I should have one more child and received a very clear affirmation!  I know he was meant to be a part of our family and perhaps he's the child that will help me learn patience!  HA again!  I do feel rather old at times when I'm chasing him or having to physically remove him from a situation.  I'm often caught thinking, "I'm too old for this,what was I thinking?"   But it's a fleeting thought.  I love him dearly.  I'll put a positive spin on it and maintain that he is keeping me young!


Happy Birthday Garrett!  I hope I have many, many more birthdays to celebrate with you!  Love MOM


No comments: